In course of development of pipeline repair technologies, PSO NEFTEGAZDIAGNOSTIKA LLC, developed, registered invention (patent), tested and initiated manufacture of the universal conical sleeves CONE.
The sleeves are manufactured as per the existing specifications and provided with all required certificates and permits.
- repair of corrosion, stress corrosion, mechanical, metallurgical and other defects on the main, field, distribution and other pipelines, including underwater ones, from 89 to 1420 mm in diameter irrespective of the region and method of laying;
- reinforcement of metal in areas of pipelines with defects, previously temporary eliminated by patching, chopping and other methods that require subsequent major repairs. In such cases, the CONE sleeve can be used as an alternative to spool cut;
- reinforcement of metal in the zone of annular welded joints, including at the pipeline construction stage.
- This sleeve consists of the factory-made components, thus critical works for on-site installation are minimized, and repair quality is less affected by human-factor
- Simplicity of Installation
- Minimal dependence of repair quality upon weather and climatic conditions on-site
- Welded butt joints do not hinder installation of CONE
- Repair using CONE is classified as overhaul
- Cost of repair using CONE, taking into account necessary organizational and technical measures, is lower than the price of the similar repair utilizing any other method
CONE refers to composite sleeves. It consists of two half-sleeves, made of composite material and metal shell, welded from two parts, which is installed in the girth of the defective section of the pipeline on top of the composite sleeves pasted to it.
|1 – pipe
2 – composite sleeve
3 – steel shell
4 – weld seam
5 – external defect
|Operating pressure, Рop||≤ 10 MPa|
|Testing pressure, Рtest||1,25 Рop|
|Pipeline outside diameter, Dн||50 ÷ 1420 mm|
|Operating temperature||- 60 °С to + 200 °С|
Oil, gas, oil products, ammonia, salt and fresh water, other gaseous and liquid media
|Shell||Steel||Tensile yield limit (σ0,2)||355 MPa|
|Composite sleeve||Fiberglass||Compression resistance||≥ 120 MPa|
|Density||1600 ÷ 1800 кг/м3|
|Water absorption ability||0,2%|
|Adhesive compound||Two-component epoxy adhesive||Tensile yield limit in the cured state||≥ 100 MPa|
|Adhesive strength to the steel surface||≥ 20 MPa|
|Gel time at 20 °С||45 ± 15 min|
|Name||Steel shell||Composite sleeve|
|Wall thickness Sоб||
Minimum internal diameter
|Maximum internal diameter
|Minimum wall thickness
|Maximum wall thickness
Outline the pipeline defect.
Marking of the defective section of the pipeline for the installation of the CONE sleeve.
Preparation of two halves of the steel shell for welding and degreasing of their internal surfaces.
Welding of the steel shell and the subsequent NDT of weld seams.
Cleaning and degreasing of repair area.
Filling the cavity of the defect with a repair composition flush with the surface of the pipeline.
Fit half the composite sleeve, degrease, epoxy glue coating of their internal surfaces and adjacent edges.
Mounting of the composite sleeve on the defective pipeline section.
Application of epoxy adhesive on the outer surface of the composite sleeve.
Pushing the steel shell onto the composite sleeve.
Stretching the steel shell onto the composite sleeve by means of a tightening device to the position specified by the sleeve design.
Restoration of the coating of the repaired pipeline section.
COMPARISON CONE AND EFRS*
|The characteristics of the repair structure, the quality of the repair and the conditions for its conduct.||EFRS||CONE|
|Excessive operating pressure in the main pipeline to be repaired, MPa||7,00||10,00|
|Maximum test pressure, MPa||8,05||12,50|
|Adjusting the annular gap between the wall of the pipeline and the metal shell of the composite sleeve||Required||Not required|
|Sealing the edges of the annular gap between the pipe wall and the metal shell of the composite sleeve||Required||Not required|
|Polymer layer transferring the load from the wall of the defective pipeline section to the metal shell of the composite sleeve is formed ...||In the field||In the factory|
|The need to use special equipment for the formation in the field of a polymer layer that transfers the load from the wall of the defective pipeline section to the metal shell of the composite sleeve||Yes||No|
|The duration of the set by polymers used in the repair structure in the field, the strength, sufficient to start the pipeline after repair, Hours||8 ÷ 9||≤2|
|Temperature of air and pipeline during the installation of the repair structure and a set by polymers of strength sufficient to start the pipeline after repair, оС||+23 ±2||
-10 to +60
|Quality control of the polymer layer that transfers the load from the pipeline wall to the metal shell||Indirect, without NDT||Direct, Including NDT|
* - Epoxy-Filled Repair Sleeves
CONE sleeves passed factory tests in PSO NEFTEGAZDIAGNOSTIKA, certification tests in VNIPIVZRYVGEOFIZIKA and pilot testing in LUKOIL-PERM.